Call Paul Davis: What is Black Mold?
Every homeowner fears black mold, but do you know what it is? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold likes to grow in wet environments and is usually seen around condensation or where there’s been water damage. Spores enter the home through doors, small openings or brought in on personal items and coats. Although most fungus around your home are nothing to worry about, black mold causes illness if left untreated.
How Black Mold affects Health
The spores black mold produces are the major cause behind black mold poisoning. Symptoms include chronic coughing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat as well as skin rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose are seen in the most severe cases of long term exposure.
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it immediately grows and releases toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:
- Mold emanates a strong, mildewed scent that stops rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the atmosphere where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight sections of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
Contact Paul Davis now if you suspect your home is infested with black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the existence of black mold before removal. Depend on our professionals to eliminate black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, schedule a black mold inspection now.