Repairing Fire Damage
Fire can be very damaging to a house. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while your walls can be stained by soot. A fire can have deep-rooted, devastating both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
You Can Repair Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- To push out smokey air, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your home recently undergone smoke and soot damage? Reach out to to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.